Sunday, October 26, 2014

counting down to F L A

july * august * september

planning continues for our birthday week in the Southeast. we'll be visiting the Mouse, Shamu, and Atlantis, a shuttle by the sea. hopefully we'll get to see some family too!

in the meantime, lots of stuff was happening. my favorite karaoke jock is moving to Colorado, and Wednesday nights won't be the same again. we had three final weeks to sing together and reminisce, and then he packed his life into a truck and drove away. I wrote him special lyrics to "Fire & Rain" letting him know how much all of us will miss him.

at the theatre, our costumer for Gypsy emailed me and said if I was bored, she'd be more than happy to give me some stripper costumes to work on.  heheh. I spent several nights over three weeks - about 44 hours totalled - altering, ripping, repairing, and creating costumes (lots of costumes!) for this great show.  My two most favorite sets of costumes were the glamorous showgirl costumes in the last Gypsy strip scene, and the red-white-blue costumes for June and Louise - both sets, since that was the scene where in a strobe-lit dance number, they transitioned from kids to adults. Awesome!! It always got applause when the regular lights came up. Besides sewing, I also house managed at several performances.

had several opportunities to get to the Levi's Stadium! Yay!! first, as a Faithful 49, I bought a ticket to a pre-season game against the Chargers. took lightrail downtown to avoid the $40 parking fee (lightrail is $4 round trip) and got there minutes before they opened the gates. first thing I did was buy a ticket to the Museum, which is open the first hour to only game ticket holders. so we had the place mostly to ourselves for a good amount of time.  I took hundreds of pictures. of course. my seat was in the Intel end zone, in the sun for the whole game. and we won! only waited in the lightrail line for 10 minutes, and the drive home took about 70 minutes, with all the stops and the crowds. but I got a seat, so it wasn't bad.

also invited Janet to participate in a fun run that ended up with the finish line inside the stadium! That was exciting. The following day I had bought a ticket for a Stadium Tour. Got to sit in the Club Seats - for about 5 minutes while the guide told us pertinent facts about the stadium. After that I settled in at the Tailgate Bar for a Bloody Mary and to watch the game. Great fun!

read and sang at Temple several times, which is always a blessing. shows I've seen with or starring friends: Crazy for You in Saratoga; the comedian Dave Coulier at the San Jose Improv - my waiter was adorable, and when I left he called me a cool mom; Moonlight and Magnolias with "my son Aaron" playing David O. Selsnick! (this is the fourth production I've seen as it is one of my most favorite comedies); Great American Trailer Park Musical with one of my fellow 1776 ladies as the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment