Monday, November 13, 2017

n o v e m b e r

well into rehearsals for Nutcracker, and am getting to work on some costumes too. adding sparkling "dewdrops" to tulle Flower skirts, and trim to a prince tunic ... right there in my wheelhouse! I'm having so much fun in general on this show!  also went to see one of my fave local performers, Chaz, singing and sax'ing at a new venue I've not been to yet. crowds were light, but we made it lively :-)  a last minute plea from the producer had me volunteering to house manage a performance of Avenue Q.   as I'd not ever seen this show before, the producer let me watch instead of man the lobby. Janet and I were also busy with band practice for the holiday concert next month. and, I had the opportunity to sing at Temple, which is always a welcome blessing! I even made it out one night for karaoke, only because there had been a wreck in front of my apartment complex, and one of the wrecked vehicles was right in front of my carport spot ... I couldn't go home! until after the ambulance, fire trucks, police personnel and tow trucks were all done.  Janet invited me to her church's Friends-giving dinner (the week before the official) and I took off a half-day from work to prepare an international dish to bring - - chicken mole (which went over really well!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment