Wednesday, October 2, 2019

o c t o b e r . 2 0 1 9

birthday month! Whew, quite a lot going on!!  I took a week off from work and flew down to San Diego. my first stop was the USS Midway carrier.  I love the statue that represents the Times Square VE Day kiss. 

after dinner at The Fish Market, next to the ship, I checked into the timeshare which borders on Balboa Park.  they even provided complimentary birthday gifts!!  
there is so much to do and I knew I wouldn't be able to see it all, but I tried!  on Day Two I started at the Automotive Museum, and then the Air and Space Museum. 
when in San Diego, it's either seafood or Mexican food ... both great choices!
this is the Spreckels Pavillion which houses a giant pipe organ.
Balboa, after whom the park was named. 
A perfect place for a siesta!
I just had to try the seafood paella! 

on Day Three - Birthday day - I headed to Coronado for a stroll through The Del!  it was a gorgeous day, and I got to see and hug my gorgeous 30 year old baby girl for the first time in two and a half years! 
after spending a few hours together, we headed back to the mainland.  I spent the evening listening to a young jazz band in the outdoor plaza and sculpture garden. 

on Day Four I slept in then headed back to the Park and the art museum. 
I got take-out for my last night from the cantina across the street. 
 
on Day Five I got up early and packed as I would fly home in the late afternoon. I filled the day with the Japanese Garden....
  
...the Botanical Garden...
  
...and one more museum. 
then it was time to head for home.  another great birthday for the books.  

we listened to the 2 records of Jesus Christ Superstar often as kids, and I've wanted to see a professional production since Joyce and I worked crew for our community theater production years ago. I finally got the chance!

at the end of the month my theater friends Barbara and Dana invited me to a tea with them. We had a grand time chatting on the way to&from Lodi, and the tea shoppe was adorable! It had a Mad Hatter theme, and I got to wear one of my Easter hats and lovely floral dresses!! It was smashing! 
and on Halloween I went to the stadium restaurant for a viewing  party and watched our team play a division rival. and the food was excellent too!  the bonus was not having trick-or-treaters or leftover candy. Bam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment