Sunday, January 27, 2013

just a typical week

I received the email that I hoped would have a different answer; our super bowl team did not select us in it's random drawing to purchase SB tickets. Oh well, maybe next time :-) Joyce and I had lunch together a couple times this week - that always makes me happy! I was tasked last week with contacting the publishing company to get the rights to 'our show' - Joyce and I both loved it, going twice to see it playing in Palo Alto. When the publishers confirmed we could have the rights, Joyce said she would co-produce it with me - Yay! We will have so much fun. I'll be able to divulge the name when we announce the season - stay tuned....

This week's movie at the dollar theatre (well, now it's $5.50, but it used to cost a dollar back in the 70's and the name has stuck) was The Last Stand with our former governor. Great action flick, where the good guys mostly live and always win. Wednesday night I finally got back to my favorite karaoke joint - it's been since before Christmas - 5 weeks! - since I've been to karaoke. Went to see some live theatre too; this was my season ticket to Tabard, and the show was I Left My Heart, which was three of my fave local guys - Will, Tim and Mike - singing Tony Bennett songs. They were, of course, terrific! Will was one of my co-stars in Elvis last Fall, so of course we greeted each other with "Roscoe!" "Candy!!"

On Shabbat I stayed home with my mom, who wasn't up this week to going to service and the membership meeting following - it becomes a really long day for her to do both. Instead we watched some golf and football on TV.  On the menu for dinner was lamb, and since we were all out of our new favorite vinaigrette, Wild Thyme's Mandarin Orange Basil, I decided to try to recreate it myself. It turned out pretty good! Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil, fresh squeezed orange juice (right off the tree!), grated orange peel, basil, sea salt and cracked pepper.  Oh yeah, it was good.

As football is winding down, there was only one game this week, and it had a weather delay to boot. But I listened to the Pro Bowl on Sunday afternoon, as our conference ran away with the game. Just one more game this season, and hopefully our guys will win it!

No comments:

Post a Comment