Monday, February 4, 2013

not so super

Got to help my roommate/landlord/friend/former-cast-mate Steve run lines for his current production. He gets to play Elwood P. so he has a lot of lines! And of course I love to do all the voices for the rest of the cast of Harvey, so we had a great time, and I think I was a little help as well. And it turns out one of my Grand Hotel castmates is in the show with him too! Just one more reason to go see it when it opens.

Got to work another tour of the Silicon Valley, one of three busses that went to Facebook, LinkedIn and Adobe. Had a great crowd of visitors from all over the world, learning and development leaders in their industries. It was terrific fun! Took a bunch of pictures; also saved a ton of money on parking by taking the light rail instead. Smart!

Our friend Woody was in town for a short time to attend a funeral, so I lucked out and was able to fit into his busy schedule. We had lunch at our favorite Jerusalem Grill before Erev Shabbat, and breakfast at the airport before his flight out Sunday. Always good to catch up with him when he is visiting our fair state.

Steve and I had independently signed up to help out as lobby staff for the show Promises, Promises, so we carpooled over - of course! This is a show I have never seen, although I have seen the non-musical movie version many times. Of course we have many friends in the cast, staff and crew, so it was good to see all of them too.

Radio and TV programs were full of stuff about the upcoming Super Bowl all week long. Got to listen to some of it, at home on the radio, and with Mama when I was there on Saturday. While there, I made a batch of chicken etouffee - "tastes just like alligator!" - to take to the party I attended, at one of my theatre peep's home, Pasha. We have known him for years, as he videotapes performances, performs in shows, and has bought our '9er tickets too. Joyce and I just <3 him! Sadly the game didn't end the way we wanted it too, but it was fun to be with friends and watch on his amazingly large screen! As everyone there seemed to say, there's always next year. Yeah, but that only helps a little. All of the bay area was just certain that we were going to succeed in our 'quest for six.'  

No comments:

Post a Comment