Monday, February 11, 2013

and on to new things!

now that the not-so-super activities are over, I can refocus on other productions. A friend of mine, my director from Flaming Idiots, is directing a high school production of Sunday in the Park with George and desperately needs a costumer.  I was the only volunteer he knew, so he felt he could put his trust in me. I attended a couple of rehearsals, measured all the kids, waded through their costume stacks and pulled a few pertinent pieces, and then set about trying to find other companies who might be able to help me pull the show together - - before the end of the month! Oh it will be fun. :-) I've never seen this show, so a script read-thru was a must. Then I'll need to watch the video clips, and hopefully get my hands on a full video of the Broadway production.

on Wednesday night, by popular demand, I went to karaoke, as my KJ was reminding me in email "it has been two weeks!" since I had sung last. It's good to be wanted. Sadly, whether I caught it from the kids at the high school, or from the big kids at karaoke, I came down with a nasty stomach bug that knocked me out of singing over the weekend. Had plans to sing at Temple and at a fundraiser for the theatre, but I couldn't make it to either gig. Not good. Well, the good part about it was that I started watching old episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise on Netflix during my waking-but-resting hours. I had forgotten how much I loved that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment