Monday, March 11, 2013

no show withdrawals when you're still working on a show

I spent a few days de-constructing the outfits I had made alterations to, in order to return them to an original state before cleaning. That can be a bit of a let-down ... taking apart pretty hats, removing the "baby bump" from Dot's skirt ... but it had to all be done. Dropped off most of the costumes during the week, but the hand-washes and home machine washes were saved for the last.

Got to karaoke on Wednesday - yay! and on Friday I house managed and finally got to see the production of Wizard of Oz that I had made the 4 chair covers for. They looked lovely! Got to sing and read at Temple on Shabbat - a double blessing! But on the way to Mama's, my car died - the clutch gave out half-way there, and I limped the rest of the way at 25 mph, making other drivers very unhappy. Had to borrow one of their cars so I could make the rest of the costume deliveries, run errands, and just generally have transportation for a few days! Had my baby towed to a VW service shop - let's hope he can fix it without breaking my bank!

(so sad to see my baby towed away by that big old tow-truck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment