Monday, March 4, 2013

we put it all together, and now we put it all away

since my last post - well the last excluding the one picture post after final dress - so much has happened! Costume alteration - and some creation - consumed much of my free time. On Oscar Sunday I listened to the Oscars on my phone app while I was sewing. That was a novel experience (I prefer watching on TV.) I had all the main costume pieces for the show by the Monday rehearsal before Wednesday's opening night. I just had to make an eye-patch for Boatman, and an ascot on Wednesday morning to complete the ensemble for Mr. I was pretty proud that I made the ascot from simply looking at a picture online - no pattern! Earlier in this process I had indicated I would be backstage to help with costumes and quick changes, which also made me available to help with hair sculpting, beard gluing and moustache drawing! Made it through all four shows with minimal issues, a few upset tummies, and a lot of love all around. This has been an experience I will remember my entire life!


the inspiration


Act I pose
 
 
Act II pose 
 
 
The staff that "put it all together!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment