Saturday, June 1, 2013

a happy grad, and more!

busy times! again, it's been awhile since I blogged, because so much is going on! Survived all the performances with my Mandragola kids - some of whom are very needy - and got all the costumes taken apart, cleaned and put away.  Another costuming line item for my theatre resume :-) [click a thumbnail to see a larger image]

 
 
 
 


 


 

 


attended the Mothers Day service at Dwell, where Pastor Jason asked him mom and wife to join him in delivering the message. That was very special. They also had a great mom-day poem that was delivered by many congregants, which brought tears to my eyes. I was so glad I woke up early to do this! Spent the rest of Mom-Day with other moms' kids (two performances of Mandragola) then ended the evening with my own kid having a beer and catching up at one of our fave pizza joints. Life is good!

while Gwen went to SoCal to attend a great-nephew's graduation, I spent 5 days staying with Nana. During that time I sang at Temple (one of two times this month) - which she loves to hear me sing;  on Sunday Joyce joined us and we drove down to Santa Cruz to celebrate with friends at Elisha's graduation open house; and we went to both of Janet's concerts - the String Ensemble where she plays bass, and the Express Band where she played my French Horn this season. That was enough to wear Mama out, so the rest of the time we stayed home and watched TV.

 


Joyce was busy with finals the week we had Zombie Prom activities, so I handled them all solo. And once finals were done, it was time for Graduations! Both of them :-)  First Joyce had a Thursday afternoon convocation with her department. Mama, Gwen and Woody joined me at that one, where I was able to videotape most of the speakers, and Joyce receiving her diploma! On Saturday, very early in the morning, I went to the stadium and got great seats in the padded - not aluminum bleachers - section reserved for season ticket holders, and Janet and I watched Joyce graduate, move her tassel over, with the rest of the school. Then the three of us joined Joanna, one of our theatre friends, for a leisurely lunch to celebrate the day. The following day, Mama, Gwen, Janet, and our chiropractor friend Dr. Ace had brunch at a very lovely historic locale here in San Jose.

  


spent a 1/2-day narrating another bus tech-tour, this one with several students from Moscow U - very fun! And as if all these activities weren't enough, I was able to get to karaoke twice, since that is my therapy activity :-) and  get to the theatre to see friends performing in Funny Girl, which was very funny, and touching - made me laugh and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment