Monday, June 10, 2013

the more time passes, the more things change

Had some more maintenance done on my car that left me to my two-wheeled transportation, my trusty one-speed "coaster" bicycle.  Found myself on a 10-mile trek one day! That ride alone made the bus a little more appealing ;-)

Took my mom to a doctor appointment where she got an ear-tube inserted into her ear. I remember when Joyce used to get those ... general anesthesia, lots of down-time.  Now it's outpatient with lidocaine swabs for a local. How times change. Her doctor was a kick in the pants too. I'd complain of ear problems to get him for an appointment :-D

Joyce and I got really cheap tickets to see Green Day's American Idiot at the big performing arts center downtown. That was quite an event! We met another of our theatre friends there and had drinks before the show at a little speakeasy in the basement of a really old building ... very charming!

Attended Temple and Church over the weekend. Both messages were blessings, and just congregating with people of a like mind is so soothing for the soul. Even befriended a little girl, maybe 18 months, who mom and dad says she never goes to strangers, yet she plopped into my lap and fell asleep in my arms. It felt grand!

Got to talk to my dad on his 75th birthday! He's such a busy guy I was very happy when he answered the phone. Strange coincidence ... his 75th is also Johnny Depp's 50th .... yes, strange but true!  One challenge I am going to have over the summer is Joyce needs a place to move to temporarily, so she'll be moving to her dad's for a couple months. I'll have to tough it out not seeing her, only texting her, for a little while.  Ah, this to shall pass. Into each life some rain must fall. What are some other platitudes I can rattle around in my brain to while away the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment